And we are not only a gallery. Art education is a huge part of our mission, and we offer much of it free of charge.
- We hold at least one free artist demo or gallery talk every single month.
- We regularly hold immersive hands-on art workshops.
- Twice a year, you can find the gallery awash with student art.
- We’re tremendously committed to local schools, providing grants for art supplies and scholarships to talented high school seniors.
- With Art After 60, we send artists into local retirement centers armed with enthusiasm and materials, reminding seniors how great it feels to make art.
- With Art in the Lobby, we lead therapeutic art activities with patients and families at Harrison Hospital Bremerton and through our art rental program, we hang art in area medical centers.
- Over the years, we’ve established partnerships with terrific island nonprofits like the Land Trust, the Library, the Wildlife Shelter, and the Park District.
Click around, stop in, and get to know BAC!
Also of interest
On this page, from top
Cathy Woo, Snow White Blue (detail). Acrylic on board. Image courtesy of the artist. Our front gallery. Gallery photo. Kristin Tollefson demo, May 2013. Gallery photo. Art After 60 program at Wyatt House. Courtesy photo.